5 Ways to Refresh your Home Today
Reinvigorate your home with these easy and environmentally friendly cleaning hacks
1. Television, Computer and Phone Screens: To get rid of smudges, fingerprints and dust on electronic devices, you can clean them gently with a coffee filter.
2. Microwave: Clean your microwave by heating lemon juice and rinds in water. Squeeze one lemon into 1/2 cup of water and add the rinds. Microwave for three minutes and let it stand for five minutes without opening the door. The steam will loosen the grin so that all you need to do is wipe the microwave down.
3. Sinks: To clean and shine your stainless steel sinks, just wet your sink and faucet, sprinkle baking soda, and scrub with a sponge. If you need extra scrubbing strength, add salt to your baking soda. Also works great on pans!
4. Windows and Mirrors: To get a streak free shine, mix ¼ cup of white vinegar, 2 cups of water, and 2 teaspoons of liquid soap into a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto the glass and scrub with newspaper, which serves as a mild abrasive.
5. Mattress: Open a 16-oz box of baking soda and add 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil. Close the box and shake to distribute oil and remove clumps. Sprinkle the baking soda over the bed, using the entire box. Rub the baking soda mixture into the bed and let it sit for at least an hour. Then vacuum up the mixture and make the bed!